The Department of Bicohemistry and Molecular Biology is a research and teaching unit of the Faculty of Science and Informatics of University of Szeged. We are located in Szeged, Hungary.
The department offers courses in Biochemistry, Environmental biochemistry and Molecular biology for biology, bioengineering, molecular bionics and environmental science students.
Research activities at our department are focused on the following areas:
- biological effects of nanoparticles
- molecular biology of neurodegeneration and aging
- oxidative stress response
- protease catalysis and stability
- transcriptional regulation, chromatin biology and epigenetics
- tumor biology